Your Daily Polling Update for Saturday, June 6, 2020
TRUMP JOB APPROVAL: AVERAGE 43%
Same as Thursday
RON’S COMMENT: Today’s average is based on four polls, ranging from 40% (Reuters) to 48% (Rasmussen). Without these extremes it would still be 43%.... President Trump’s disapproval rating averages 53% today (-1 from Thursday), which is 10 points higher than his approval rating…. See the trend in Trump’s job approval average since the beginning of 2020 at approval trend.
Among general election voters
(NPR/PBS) Biden over Trump: +7 (50-43-2)
(IBD/TIPP) Biden over Trump: +3 (45-42)
Biden Average (last six polls): +6.8
RON’S COMMENT: In the new NPR/PBS poll:
- Biden wins Democrats 94-4, independents 45-41, blacks 88-9, Latinos 59-35 and women 56-38.
- Trump wins Republicans 90-4, whites 49-44 and men 48-44.
- Trump wins independent men 44-42 and Biden wins independent women 51-34.
- Trump wins white men without college degrees 59-33 and white women without college degrees 59-34.
- Biden wins white men with college degrees 47-45 and white women with college degrees 67-28.
- Biden wins Gen Z/Millennials 60-30 (age 18-39).
- Trump wins Gen X 48-45 (age 40-55), Baby Boomers 47-46 (age 56-74) and Silent/Greatest Gen 51-45 (age 75+).
- As you can see, Biden’s lead is based on heavy support from minority voters, white women with college degrees, independent women and Gen Z/Millennials.
Presidential job rating average based on recent nationwide polls.
PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: NPR/PBS, June 2-3; IBD/TIPP, May 31-June 3
Subscription note: If you ever stop receiving Lunchtime Politics, check your spam or junk folders. Sometimes, for mysterious reasons, the newsletter may re-route to there. Please know that we will never take you off our subscriber list unless you ask us to do so.
Publication schedule: Lunchtime Politics will publish Tuesdays and Thursdays during the weeks ahead, but will add special editions (as today's) when important new data becomes available. As soon as political polling gears up again, we will return to regular daily publication. Thanks to all our readers and best of health, Ron