Your Daily Polling Update for Thursday, December 24, 2020
TRUMP JOB APPROVAL: AVERAGE 42%
RON’S COMMENT: President Trump's job rating now falls short nearly 5 points of the national popular vote percentage (46.9%) he received in the recent election.... Today’s average is based on five polls, ranging from 39% (Gallup) to 45% (Rasmussen). Without these extremes it would be 41%.... Trump’s disapproval rating averages 55% today…. See the trend in Trump’s job approval average since the beginning of 2020 at approval trend.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Have a safe, healthy and Merry Christmas!
U.S. SENATE: RUNOFFS
Among voters statewide
GEORGIA (Special Election)
- (Fox 5/Insider Advantage) Raphael Warnock (D) over Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R): +2 (49-47)
- (WXIA-TV) Raphael Warnock (D) over Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R): +7 (52-45)
- Average of last four polls: Even
GEORGIA (Regular Election)
- (Fox 5/Insider Advantage) Sen. David Perdue (R) over Jon Ossoff (D): +1 (49-48)
- (WXIA-TV) Jon Ossoff (D) over Sen. David Perdue (R): +5 (51-46)
- Average of last four polls: Perdue +0.3
COMMENT: Polls had been showing the two Republicans with leads, but today’s polling presents less optimistic news for the GOP. It has Democrat Warnock on top in both surveys and a split decision in the Perdue race, with the incumbent edging Ossoff in one and Ossoff breaking out a lead in the other…. Watch the averages––they show both races even or almost even…. In the WXIA/SurveyUSA poll:
- Race: Loeffler wins Whites 66-30, but Warnock wins Blacks 90-8 and Hispanics 53-45. Perdue wins Whites 67-31, but Ossoff wins Blacks 90-6 and Hispanics 52-45.
- Turnout: Among voters who say they won’t vote in the runoff, Loeffler leads 38-31 and Perdue leads 45-34. Clearly, Republicans need to give these voters reasons to turn out and vote.
- Accurate count: 20% of Republicans and 63% of Democrats have “full confidence” that the votes in the January runoff will be counted accurately. Another 30% of Republicans and 26% of Democrats have “some confidence.”
- Joe Biden’s win: 56% think Biden won the presidential race “fair and square” and 53% “wholeheartedly accept” his election.
Presidential job rating average based on recent nationwide polls.
Subscription note: If you ever stop receiving Lunchtime Politics, check your spam or junk folders. Sometimes, for mysterious reasons, the newsletter may re-route to there. Please know that we will never take you off our subscriber list unless you ask us to do so.