Senior Account Supervisor - Media Relations
Qorvis is currently seeking a Senior Account Supervisor to lead media relations accounts in the Washington, D.C office. Our ideal candidate will be a press, media, and crisis communications professional with extensive knowledge and strong relationships with local and national media. This role will work across all sectors of the business to develop media relations plans, advise our clients, identify opportunities, and drive successful media campaigns. The ideal candidate will also develop and mentor our junior staff.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Serve as lead strategic media advisor with rolodex of strong media relationships at local and national media outlets covering print, broadcast, online and social.
- Leverage knowledge of the latest communications tactics and capabilities, and a strategic vision, to support innovation in execution of media relations across a variety of clients in our D.C. office.
- Solid experience and a proven track record of securing top-tier coverage for clients across a number of industries and issues.
- Utilize traditional media as well as digital/emerging technologies for PR programming and influencer outreach.
- Establish and maintain relations with key client contacts and ensures that client/agency relations exist on multiple levels and grows over time.
- Identify new opportunities for our clients to leverage their offerings.
- Cultivates relationships with writers, editors, and producers at major media outlets.
- Develop junior staff to become experts in the space and lead the team to success.
- Stay engage on the emerging trends in the industry and bring those fresh ideas to our clients.
- Participate in new business and drive the media strategies on new business.
- 6+ years of experience in media relations, securing key media placements and local and national media outlets.
- Ability to develop media strategy, deploy creative tactics to build press coverage, and integrate digital and social media into all elements of an integrated communications campaign.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media.
- Solid relationships and working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists.
- Excellent media pitching and writing skills.
- Experience working with junior staff and across an organization.