Senior Account Supervisor
Qorvis Communications is seeking a strategic communications professional to join our team as a Senior Account Supervisor in a critical communications role with the government of a Pacific island country. The position is located overseas and works directly with the highest levels of government. The person who fills this position should have exceptional and versatile writing skills and be able to draft communications ranging from policy statements to high-level speeches to ceremonial statements and remarks. A successful candidate should also have a strong working knowledge of social media. We are looking for someone with background in government, politics or journalism who is able to adapt to a different culture and work well at both the leadership level and the working level of government.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Draft speeches for government leaders, including local speeches and major international addresses.
- Draft or edit official government statements on policy, government programs, cultural matters and popular events.
- Provide support and guidance to government ministries on strategic communications and crisis situations.
- Draft occasional op-eds for placement outside the United States.
- Support the leadership’s social media communications and advise ministries on social media.
- Provide advice and counsel on communications and media matters.
- Maintain strong relationships with local media.
- Participate in media training and development sessions with clients as needed.
- Conduct quality review of government reports on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and related tools
- Experience in government or electoral politics is highly desirable.
- Ability to adapt to, accept and live in a foreign culture and appreciate different values and experiences
- Open-mindedness and flexibility in the working and living environment
- Calmness and objectivity in times of stress or crisis
- Strong knowledge of political systems, economics and international politics
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team player mindset
- Maturity and depth to build strong relationships and diplomatic rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, vendors and clients.
Qorvis Communications is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.