HRC Senior Account Supervisor
Qorvis Communications is seeking a strategic communications professional to join our team as a Senior Account Supervisor, focusing on a communications role with a government agency in the Middle East. The position is located overseas and works with senior government officials. The candidate should have exceptional and versatile writing skills, and be able to draft communications ranging from policy statements and high-level speeches to ceremonial statements and public remarks. A strong working knowledge of social media is also required. We are looking for someone with background in government, politics, area studies, or journalism who is able to adapt to a different culture and work well at both the leadership and staff levels of government.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Draft speeches for government leaders, including speeches for local audiences and addresses at major international events
- Draft or edit official government statements on policy, government programs, cultural matters and popular events
- Provide support and guidance on strategic communications and crisis situations around the clock
- Draft occasional op-eds for placement outside the United States
- Support the leadership’s social media communications and advise ministries on social media
- Provide advice and counsel on communications and media matters
- Maintain strong relationships with in-country international media and local media
- Participate in media training and development sessions with clients as needed
- Conduct quality review of government reports on a case-by-case basis
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and related tools
- Experience in government or electoral politics is highly desirable
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage, but not required
- Ability to adapt to, accept and live in a foreign culture and appreciate different values and experiences
- Calmness and objectivity in times of stress or crisis
- Strong knowledge of political systems, economics and international politics
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team player mindset
- Maturity and depth to build strong relationships and diplomatic rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, vendors and clients
Qorvis Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.