Account Supervisor, Media Relations
Qorvis Communications is currently seeking a mid-level professional experienced in strategic media relations to join our team as Account Supervisor. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and who are natural leaders. In addition to possessing superior communications capabilities, applicants should be excited by working on the most pressing global and public affairs issues of the day.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Develop earned media relations campaigns and understand the role of earned media in larger corporate, public affairs, and reputation programs.
- Be a consumer of news with the ability to identify media trends/interests, determine what "works" with top tier media and apply to the efforts and interests of a variety of Qorvis clients.
- Generate creative ideas, and successfully draft and place stories in editorial media.
- Effectively pitch stories via email, social media and/or verbally to a variety of media targets (trade, local, national, TV, online, radio, blogs, etc.).
- Utilize existing network of media contacts to develop and execute
- Must have ability to strategically determine best use of resources, tools and tactics to achieve goals, along with superior research, writing and editorial skills.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to effectively create awareness about Alzheimer’s.
- Excellent history of working within a team and s a respected people manager.
- Success managing resources and budgets as well as external vendors/agencies.
- Must be well versed on media training and develop spokespeople, including experts and those impacted by the disease to raise awareness.
- History of providing guidance and support for to and organizational network or with local offices.
- Experience with crisis and issues management ideal.
- Responsibilities require regular availability for non-standard work hours including nights, weekends.
- Leads the planning and implementation of projects for assigned clients, including but not limited to strategic plans, press releases, fact sheets, white papers and other client-facing materials.
- Develops and executes crisis communications plans and playbooks for clients, with a strong understanding of crisis management across social channels, and seeks ongoing business development opportunities in the crisis space.
- Plans and executes media strategies and outreach, maintaining strong relationships with reporters and other media professionals.
- Participates in media training and development sessions with clients as needed.
- Acts as project manager on assigned accounts and takes responsibility for deliverable development, quality control and timelines.
- Oversees execution of plans through a wide variety of channels: digital, social media, events/meetings, print, video and more.
- Assists in researching and writing new business proposals and participates in scheduled planning, brainstorming and presentation meetings related to new business.
- Responsible for cultivating organic growth with existing clients.
- Maintains awareness of, and follows up with, direction from management on new business leads with existing and prospective clients.
- Must have an extensive understanding of media outreach assignments and be able to apply experience and initiative in developing appropriate traditional and online media strategies.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to adapt to change and meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to lead and manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in crisis communications.
- Experience with media training strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong technological acumen and ability to easily incorporate digital media and efficiencies into client and daily work.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Spanish or other foreign language skills are a plus.
- Demonstrates initiative, assertiveness and is ready to take “ownership” of assignments and can lead a project from start to finish, working independently or as part of a team.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Has maturity and depth to build strong professional and diplomatic rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, vendors and clients.
- Possesses strong computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 8-10+ years related professional experience.
- Public policy experience.
- Flexible schedule that may include "non-traditional" hours.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience managing outside vendors or agencies desired.
- Works and leads well in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills desired.
- Agency setting-related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must have ability to travel (20%)
Qorvis Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.