Account Supervisor, Media Relations
Qorvis Communications is currently seeking a mid-level professional experienced in strategic media relations to join our team as Account Supervisor. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and who are natural leaders. In addition to possessing superior communications capabilities, applicants should be excited by working on the most pressing global and public affairs issues of the day.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Develop earned media relations campaigns and understand the role of earned media in larger corporate, public affairs, and reputation programs.
- Be a consumer of news with the ability to identify media trends/interests, determine what "works" with top tier media and apply to the efforts and interests of a variety of Qorvis clients.
- Generate creative ideas, and successfully draft and place stories in editorial media.
- Effectively pitch stories via email, social media and/or verbally to a variety of media targets (trade, local, national, TV, online, radio, blogs, etc.).
- Utilize existing network of media contacts to develop and execute.
- Manage resources and budgets as well as external vendors/agencies.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects for assigned clients, including but not limited to strategic plans, press releases, fact sheets, white papers and other client-facing materials.
- Plan and execute media strategies and outreach, maintaining strong relationships with reporters and other media professionals.
- Participate in media training and development sessions with clients as needed.
- Acts as project manager on assigned accounts and take responsibility for deliverable development, quality control and timelines.
- Oversee execution of plans through a wide variety of channels: digital, social media, events/meetings, print, video and more.
- Assist in researching and writing new business proposals and participates in scheduled planning, brainstorming and presentation meetings related to new business.
- Responsible for cultivating organic growth with existing clients.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 3-7 years of experience in media relations.
- Public policy experience desired.
- Experience with crisis and issues management ideal.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP Style are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience managing outside vendors or agencies desired.
- Works and leads well in a team environment.
- Good presentation skills desired.
- Responsibilities require regular availability for non-standard work hours including nights, weekends.
- Must have ability to strategically determine best use of resources, tools and tactics to achieve goals, along with superior research, writing and editorial skills.
- Must have ability to travel (20%)
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Qorvis Communications is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.