Qorvis Communications is currently seeking a mid-level professional experienced in crisis communications, media training and public diplomacy to join our team as a Account Supervisor. We are seeking candidates who thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and who are natural leaders. In addition to possessing superior communications capabilities, applicants should be excited by working on the most pressing global and public affairs issues of the day.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Leads the planning and implementation of projects for assigned clients, including but not limited to strategic plans, press releases, fact sheets, white papers and other client-facing materials.
- Develops and executes crisis communications plans and playbooks for clients, and seeks ongoing business development opportunities in the crisis space.
- Plans and executes media strategies and outreach, maintaining strong relationships with reporters and other media professionals.
- Participates in media training and development sessions with clients as needed.
- Acts as project manager on assigned accounts and takes responsibility for deliverable development, quality control and timelines.
- Oversees execution of plans through a wide variety of channels: digital, social media, events/meetings, print, video and more.
- Assists in researching and writing new business proposals and participates in scheduled planning, brainstorming and presentation meetings related to new business.
- Responsible for cultivating organic growth with existing clients.
- Maintains awareness of, and follows up with, direction from management on new business leads with existing and prospective clients.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Strong background in crisis communications.
- Experience with media training strongly desired.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong technological acumen and ability to easily incorporate digital media and efficiencies into client and daily work.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Spanish or other foreign language skills are a plus.
- Demonstrates initiative, assertiveness and is ready to take “ownership” of assignments and can lead a project from start to finish, working independently or as part of a team.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Has maturity and depth to build strong professional and diplomatic rapport with superiors, peers, subordinates, vendors and clients.
- Possesses strong computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qorvis Communications is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.