PR and Communications Intern
Qorvis Communications is currently seeking creative, energetic and communications-savvy interns to join our fast-paced team throughout 2021.
Are you excited by the rapidly changing media environment and thrive off an ever-evolving international arena? Do you want to build your skills in public affairs and fully-integrated advocacy with some of the most experienced professionals in the game? Do you want to be part of the team that advises some of the world’s largest brands on how to creatively engage their audiences?
If you’re up for a challenge that will pave the way for your career in PR, communications and public affairs, apply to join our team.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for Spring, Summer and Fall internships. Applicants should be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Candidates with a background in public relations, communications, public affairs, journalism, digital strategy, international relations, politics, public diplomacy or related fields are encouraged to apply.
Qorvis Communications is part of Publicis Groupe, one of the largest advertising and communications companies in the world. A global powerhouse, we are built on delivering consistent service across the world and offering the benefit of localized insights and relationships. We represent the best of big and small: the reach and resources of a large agency and the quality client service of a boutique company.
- Track and report media coverage for news and information related to clients
- Develop media lists and build influencer databases
- Conduct research on influencers and organizations
- Draft social media content for clients and Qorvis Communications properties
- Write press releases, blog posts, fact sheets, website content and more
- Assist with the creation of PR plans and strategy documents
- Participate in new business brainstorms and proposal development
- Draft digital reports, using social media metrics, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and other platforms
- Assist with event planning and vendor management
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Must be at least a Junior in college
- Strong writing skills and excellent ability to craft a narrative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment
- Strong understanding of the intersection of traditional communications and the digital world
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Must have good organization and planning skills, and be able to demonstrate effective project management and execution
- Basic graphic design and video editing skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a Team Player mindset
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a detail-oriented approach
Submit a cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Qorvis Communications is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status or characteristic.