Qorvis Communications seeks a part-time or full-time intern to collaborate with staff members to service our diverse and growing client base. The candidate must be a self starter who is comfortable working in a team environment, and has an entrepreneurial attitude. This part time position is ideally suited to a college student or recent college graduate with a flexible work schedule eager to obtain hands on experience with a market-leading integrated communications firm.
An exceptionally qualified candidate will
- Have demonstrated experience leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube to engage online audiences.
- Have experience planning and staging events
- Have strong research skills to augment his or her knowledge of international public affairs.
- Have demonstrated strong writing skills
- Have demonstrated excellence in course work, internships or previous employment.
The Intern will be expected to:
- Assist with the development and updating of media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases.
- Draft basic public relations materials including news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, client meeting summaries, status reports and other materials as directed.
- Participate in client meetings
- Provide research and reports for a variety of clients across multiple practice areas.
- Assist with administrative duties including fax processing, sorting, collating, stuffing envelopes, mailings and other administrative functions as assigned.
Qorvis Communications, LLC., one of the largest independent communications firms in the United States, is a client service-driven agency with an office located in Washington, DC. Qorvis provides its clients with the full scope of communications expertise including investor and financial relations, public affairs, grassroots campaigns, public and media relations, marketing communications, advertising, Internet-based campaigns, and research and opinion surveys. For more information, visit www.qorvis.com.
Compensation and hours
This is an unpaid position. Interns may maintain a flexible schedule, but are expected to work at least two days per week.
We are no longer accepting resumes for our 2013 Summer Internship Program. If you are interested in applying for the Fall, submit your resume, cover letter, and writing samples with the subject line “Qorvis Internship-Fall.” to firstname.lastname@example.org.